Significant advances in technology has aided roulette to become one of the most popular online and mobile casino games, played by international players residing in countries where online casinos are legal for real money at secure and licensed websites. So what are the benefits of enjoying real money roulette online, via mobiles and tablets, and via other advanced platforms such as Oculus Rift and Microsoft Hologram?
Note: This page is intended for our international readers only. Online casino gambling is illegal in Australia following the introduction of the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill in September 2017, so for Australians the content on this page is informational in nature only.
Best online roulette sites
How to play online roulette for real money
Traditional brick and mortar casinos have seen the player benefits and rise in popularity of computer-generated and live dealer roulette games, and are struggling to keep pace with the growing industry that is online gambling. Many land based venues have introduced computer simulated games such as Rapid Roulette and Auto Roulette to compete with the advances in Internet gaming technology; technology which has altered and will continue to change the gambling landscape.
Whenever you think about spending real cash on the Internet, your thoughts are typically coupled with concerns about issues of security and safety. Unfortunately, there will always be fraudulent and rogue websites making it their prerogatives to steal money from unknowing patrons, which is why it is so critical that as consumers, we research and ensure that the sites we utilise put in the strictest measures to keep such fraudulent behaviour away, and protect our personal and financial information at all costs.
The following websites, which offer real money games of roulette, along with other great casino games, each utilise the latest in secure socket layer digital encryption technology to protect players’ financial details when making deposits and withdrawals.
Before we talk about the brilliant advances in gaming technology and the benefits of moving your gambling gameplay to the online realm, we want to detail the policies that trusted and respected online and mobile casino operators own, in order to protect their members. Without such effective policies, these sites would quickly lose their large player bases and go out of business – and the below platforms have maintained a growing player base since their establishment.
- Register an account with G’day Casino – powered by several software developers
- Play roulette at Guts Casino – powered by numerous software designers
- Live dealer games at All Slots Casino – powered by Microgaming software
- Sign up with Casino-Mate – powered by Microgaming software
These operators are not only licensed and regulated by their jurisdiction’s gaming authority body (such as the U.K. Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority and Curacao eGaming), but are also regulated and audited on a regular basis by independent testing agencies (such as the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance body) which check for fair gaming, player protection and responsible operator conduct.
It is a requirement that all licensed Internet gaming operators make their payout percentages for games available to the public, while all terms and conditions, along with responsible gambling policies are provided and laid out in a clear and understandable format for all members and non-members to view.
If you ever have any queries about the code of conduct, fairness and/or trustworthiness of any of the operators we endorse, we would urge you to make direct contact with the support staff of the specific website – live chat is available 24/7, while you can also call up via phone or get in touch via email. Alternately, you can make contact with the team at www.Roulette.com.au, and we will endeavour to answer your questions.
AUD-friendly deposit and withdrawal methods available to use
All Australian residents are legally allowed to access and utilise the real money services provided by the casino sites we recommend, with all sites providing secure banking options Aussies will certainly be familiar with. Most deposit options will fund your account instantly, while withdrawals can take up to 72 hours to be processed, however many sites are now working with faster technology to get your withdrawals back to you within one working day.
Below we lis some of the most common types of methods used for online and mobile casino banking:
1. Credit and debit cards like MasterCard and Visa – the most popular and most convenient of all methods. Other cards like Solo, Switch, JCB, Postepay, Maestro and Visa Electron are also accepted.
2. E-wallets such as Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, ClickAndBuy, Euteller and EZIPay. Similar in format to the PayPal e-wallet (which is not an available method of choice), Web wallets allow the customer to use minimal personal and/or financial details (usually just an email address is required) to fund and withdraw money to and from their casino accounts.
3. Prepaid cards and vouchers such as PaySafeCard and Ukash are popular for deposits, and deposits only. These two options are no longer valid (disposable) once you have transferred the cash which you put on the card or voucher, into your casino account. The EntroPay Virtual Visa Card is one prepaid card which does allow for both deposit and withdrawals, and this is a very commonly used secure method for online casino banking. Bought with cold hard cash at local retail outlets, these methods are popular because no personal details are required to be used online.
4. Direct online banking (wire) transfers such as using the bank details and reference number provided by the casino through your personal Internet banking, and other systems such as POLi, Citadel Direct, Transferencia Bancaria Local, Trustly and BankLink UNET. These options allow for secure and fully-integrated e-commerce payments, however deposits can take up a couple of days to be processed. Withdrawals are typically not accepted, however there are exceptions.
5. Players can, if they wish, use a cheque to withdraw money from their casino accounts.
Interactive roulette games
So what games are available to play online and on our mobile phones, and why are they any better than those offered at our local casinos?
With minimal overheads to pay, online gambling operators can afford to offer lower house edge and superior player value roulette games than their land-based casino counterparts. Some of the player advantages of Internet roulette games include:
- The huge availability of European and French roulette games – these formats offer a 2.70 per cent house edge, in comparison to American roulette which holds a 5.26 per cent house edge.
- Flexible betting limits – minimum wagers as low as $0.25 and maximum wagers as high as $10,000 (and even more for larger stakes bettors).
- Practice mode gameplay, which allows players to use pretend cash to build confidence, before they utilise real Australian currency.
- Multi-wheel games of roulette, which provide up to eight wheels and layouts for a player to bet on simultaneously.
- Advanced graphics, visuals, music and sounds which replicate that of a genuine casino.
- An increased amount of diverse and novel betting options and advantages, such as the list of French call bets and the French La Partage and En Prison rules (which reduce the house edge to 1.35 per cent for eve money bets, when the ball lands on zero).
- Availability of all gaming statistics and history, such as previous numbers, hot and cold numbers, red and black, odd and even, 1st/2nd/3rd and column results.
- Live dealer modes – titles such as European Roulette and Immersive Roulette which are run by actual human croupiers, so results are decided by their spins, as opposed to random number generator software. Stream these live games on your desktop, laptop, smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs, watch and interact with the croupiers, and place your bets in real time with other players from around the world. Auto Roulette is another live title where a genuine roulette wheel is filmed and stream to your screen, spun electronically at a constant time interval (for example, every minute), so there is no need for a human croupier.
As well as the convenience factor of not having to travel to your local casino, these are just some of the player benefits real money online roulette offers. Head to www.Guts.com, make a real money deposit and take advantage of a welcome cash bonus and free spins, and browse the catalogue of roulette desktop and mobile games to see what more this cherished and beloved casino favourite has to offer us.